Every Wednesday our K-5th grade gather for chapel in the Auditorium. We gather for worship and special guests speak on a variety of topics throughout the school year. Parents are always welcome to attend. For a full calendar of upcoming chapel events, see our School Calendar.
Our Chapel schedule identifies four types of chapel events.
- All School Chapel (K-8th grade, or K-6th): 8:30 am – 9:15 am
- K-2nd Chapel: 8:30 am – 8:55 am
- 3rd – 5th Chapel: 9:05 – 9:25 am
- 6th – 8th Chapel: Have 2-day Chapels four times during the school year
Teaching our students to be the hands of feet of Jesus in our community is one of our goals at West Hills Christian School. Every student participates in at least one class service project each year. Below are some of the activities our students have participated in the past and your child might have the opportunity to be a part of.
- Sing at a retirement center
- Organize food at the local food bank
- Organize clothes at Northwest Children’s Outreach
- Collect cans of food from neighbors for a halfway house
- Rake leaves for a senior citizen
- Become pen-pals with a Christian school across the world
- Send Christmas cards to our service men and women overseas