West Hills Christian School was founded in 1949 by six families who attended Portland Christian School in Southeast Portland who felt called to establish a Christian school on the West Side. The school’s original location was in the basement of Hillcrest Bible Chapel. It was later moved to two other church basement locations before the present property was purchased and a permanent building erected. Our beginnings were small: twenty-one students in grades one through six and under the Lord’s blessing, have grown to over 400 students. West Hills Christian School now offers a full curriculum of subject classes as we continue our mission of preparing students for their future.
West Hills Christian School continues to expand and facilitate student growth academically, physically, morally and spiritually. In 2016, West Hills embarked on the creation of a Strategic Plan as a collaborative effort to propel our school forward. This vision is called “Inspiring Our Future” and serves as a guide for our planning.