West Hills Christian School is committed to providing an exceptional Christian education in accordance with God’s Word.
By God’s grace and through the power of His Spirit, West Hills Christian School endeavors to provide each of its students with a:
- Saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through a personal relationship with the Savior
- Firm foundation in biblical principles
- Desire to live transformed by God’s Word and influencing the world for Christ
- Superior preparation for high school, college, and lifelong learning
West Hills Christian School is committed to developing character and understanding through an exceptional Christ-centered educational experience. This is accomplished through:
- Support for Student Achievement: Instruction that develops excellence, respect, and inclusion of all students in the learning process.
- Deep Knowledge: Instruction that addresses that central ideas of a topic or discipline with enough thoroughness to explore connections and relationships, and to produce relatively complex understanding.
- Conceptual Understanding: Instruction with an emphasis in cognitive complexity, where students engage in extended exchanges about subject matter that builds an improved and shared understanding of ideas or topics.
- Higher-Order Thinking: Instruction that involves students in manipulating information and ideas by synthesizing, generalizing, explaining, hypothesizing, or developing conclusions that provide new meaning or awareness of the world beyond the classroom.
- Biblical Integration: Instruction that recognizes God’s character, glory and purpose in all subject matter.
FOUNDATIONS FOR LIFE
A Christian education delivers more than academic excellence; it nurtures and enriches the heart and soul of a child’s character and instills lifelong values.
FOUNDATIONS FOR LIFE
A rigorous academic curriculum and a culture that develops integrity of character in preparation for high school, college and beyond. Our teachers are licensed, and over 40% hold advanced degrees. West Hills graduates attend Portland’s finest high schools.
Spiritual Growth & Development
Biblical integration that inspires students to live with an eternal purpose and meaning.
Connecting our students to each other and to the world through interaction technologies. Specialists guide our students through experiences in Computer Lab, Science Lab, Spanish, Music, Library and P.E.
Fostering lifelong relationships among students, parents, and staff. Parent involvement plays an integral role in our community. We are a family- we pray together, support one another, and celebrate what God is doing in our midst.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
The families and staff of West Hills Christian School agree to and affirm these biblical truths:
1. We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Tim. 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1; Matt. 28:19; John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Heb. 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Cor. 15:3; Eph. 1:7; Heb. 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Cor. 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; and Rev. 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Eph. 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Cor. 12:12-13; Gal. 3:26-28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose in-dwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Cor. 3:16; 6:19-20; Eph. 4:30; 5:18).
West Hills Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.