- Kindergarten – 8th grade independent Christian school
- 410 students from Portland and surrounding communities
- Full day program for Kindergarten – 8th grade, and 1/2 day Kindergarten program
- Two classrooms per grade level, small class sizes
- Christian tradition and heritage
- Relationship & character building experiences in classroom, class trips, and chapel
- Enrichment: Music, Library, Science Lab, PE, Computer Lab, Bible
- Sports include: Swim Team, Volleyball, Basketball, Track & Field
- SW Portland Campus, five minutes from I-5. Fifteen minutes from downtown Portland
Over 50 different churches are represented in our student body. Interdenominational Chapels are held weekly on campus for students and staff.
HISTORY & ACCREDITATION
West Hills Christian School was founded in 1949 as an interdenominational non-profit corporation. WHCS is accredited by the AdvancED and the Northwest Evaluation Association and a member of Association of Christian Schools International.
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP), is a computerized standardized test which helps teachers, parents, and administrators improve learning for all students and make informed decisions to promote a child’s academic growth.
MEASURE OF ACADEMICS
85% Caucasian, 9% Mixed-race, 4% Asian, 1% Hispanic, 1% African-American
Students come from the following communities:
|Portland||39%||Wilsonville / West Linn||5%|
|Tigard / Tualatin||24%||Lake Oswego||10%|
|K-8 Single Subject Class||5||4|
HIGH SCHOOL CONTINUATION
Over 1,600 students have graduated from West Hills Christian School. Approximately 92% of alumni are now attending colleges and universities.
|Westside Christian High School||44%|
The 2016-17 operational budget is $2.9 million. Approximately 6% of the budget is supplemented with outside income.