- Kindergarten – 8th grade independent Christian school
- 410 students from Portland and surrounding communities
- Full day program for Kindergarten – 8th grade, and 1/2 day Kindergarten program
- Small classes, wonderful faculty, Christian education
- Christian tradition and heritage
- SW Portland Campus, five minutes from I-5. Fifteen minutes from downtown Portland
- Relationship and character building experiences in classroom, class trips, and chapel program
- Programs include: Music, Library, Band, Science, Sports, Computer Science, Bible
- Sports include: Swim Team, Volleyball, Basketball, Track & Field
West Hills Christian School is committed to providing an exceptional Christian education in accordance with God’s Word.
By God’s grace and through the power of His Spirit, West Hills Christian School endeavors to provide each of its students with a:
- Saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through personal relationship with the Savior
- Firm foundation in biblical principles
- Desire to live transformed by God’s Word and influencing the world for Christ
- Superior preparation for high school, college, and lifelong learning
Students attend over 50 different churches in the Portland and surrounding area. Interdenominational Chapels are held weekly on campus for the students and staff.
History & Accreditation
West Hills Christian School is operated as an interdenominational non-profit corporation.
Measure of Academics
85% Caucasian, 9% Mixed-race, 4% Asian, 1% Hispanic, 1% African American
Students come from the following communities:
|Portland||39%||Wilsonville / West Linn||5%|
|Tigard / Tualatin||24%||Other||4%|
Female: 51% Male: 49%
|K-8 Single Subject Class||5||4|
High School Continuation
Over 1600 students have graduated from West Hills Christian School. Approximately 92% of alumni are now attending colleges and universities.
Students continue on to High School at the following locations:
|Westside Christian High School||44%|
The 2016-17 operational budget is $2.9 million. Approximately 6% of the budget is supplemented with outside income.
In 2011 we converted our standardized testing to Measures of Academic Progress (MAP), a computerized adaptive test which helps teachers, parents, and administrators improve learning for all students and make informed decisions to promote a child’s academic growth.
Member of Catholic Youth Organization (CYO)
Metro Christian League (CYL)
- Fall Volleyball Girls 5th-8th Grade
- Fall Swimming K-8th Grade
- Winter Basketball Girls and Boys 5th-8th Grade
- Spring Track & Field Girls and Boys 3rd-8th Grade
Carpool coordination is available.